Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Few Good Men

http://www.mrporter.com/styledirectory/icons

"Let's hear it for the boys!" said in my very best Denise Williams Footloose voice.   An old friend of mine recommended the above site to me knowing as everyone does of my undying interest in fashion for the sake of ...... fashion.  I stumbled across the Style Icon link and was instantly riveted for the next half hour, as I realized that I had been remiss in showing the honor that is due to our most esteemed fashion counterpart, Men . 

This site has an inspired list of this past centuries most influential male trail blazers.  It takes the time to list them with iconic photos,  and provide a brief recap of how these gentleman happened to fall into such good company. My top two faves?


Gianni Agnelli & The Emperor of Ethiopia, Haile Selassie.  When it comes to Agnelli how can you hate on a man who had mastered the art of wearing his thousand dollar watches over the sleeve of his fine tailored dress shirts?  While Selassie.... you simply have to give it up to a man who's official title was: His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, and Elect of God.  Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment